Dr. Shreekant Bhaskar Kelkar
Founder of National Institute of Ophthalmology
- MBBS from Armed Forces Medical College, (Poona University)
- M. S.- Topiwala National Medical College & BYL Nair Hospital, Bombay University
- D. O. M. S.- College of Physicians & Surgeons ñ Bombay
Awards and achievements
- Dr. Daljit Singh Oration Gold Medal ñ Implant & Refractive Society, India
- (Presented at the annual conference New Delhi at the auspicious hands of Smt. Sheila Dixit)
- Guru Mahatma Award ñShrimant Dagadu Halwai Trust, Pune
- Presidential Award ñ Maharashtra State Ophthalmic Society
- Govt. of Maharashtra Silver Medal for community ophthalmology
- Rotary Vocational Excellence Award
- Life time achievement award at the hands of Dr. Venkatswamy of Madhurai ( Arvind Eye Hospital)
- Felicitation at the hands of Sadhu Vaswani for the contribution to community.
- Life Time Achievement Award by Maharashtra State Ophthalmic Society.