NIO’s dedicated, and experienced team of doctors always strive to prevent, detect, and treat every conceivable disorder of the eye with the help of latest developments in diagnostic procedure and patient care. Thanks to advanced technology and development in medical science, eye infections and other eye related problems can be dealt with ease.
Our world-class service systems, trained service personnels, and state-of-the-art operation theatres make NIO one of the best eye speciality hospitals in Pune.
1. State-of-the-art technology and trained, experienced team of doctors
- NIO has 9 fully equipped examination rooms with trained eye surgeons who conduct the detailed comprehensive ophthalmic examination.
- NIO is one of the very few hospitals in Pune which offers special unit for Pediatric Ophthalmology.
- NIO has a dedicated team for each speciality.
- NIO also has its own international standard modular operation theatre with laminar air-flow.
- NIO has a team of highly trained and experienced doctors who have been educated at some of the most renowned universities.
2. High quality standards
- All the staff members are trained to handle various emergency situations.
- Patient safety is considered as a top priority
- Emergency eye treatment team and anesthetist are available round the clock, through the week.
- NIO has a stringent feedback system whereby regular assessment of the patient’s Feedback forms is done to ensure that all their issues have been addressed.
- The in-patient department provides special Recliner beds for patients to immediately rest after surgery.
3. Complete eye care under one roof
Whether it’s a complicated Vitreo-Retinal surgery, or a simple eye check up, NIO offers medical care for all Eye related problems under one roof.
OUR MEDICAL SERVICES INCLUDE:
- Cataract & Comprehensive Opthalmology
- Pediatric Opthalmology & Strabismus
- Neuro Opthalmology
- Refractive Surgery/ PRK, LASIK & Femto Laser
- Cornea and external eye diseases
- Oculoplastic/ Aesthetic Eyeplastic
- Ocular inflammation and immunology
- Community Opthalmology
- Eye bank
- Cornea and Eye banking
- Femto assisted cataract surgery
4. First preference to elderly, children, handicapped and accident patients
- NIO gives priority to accident patients, handicap patients, children below 8 years, and elders older than 80 years of age.
- NIO’s internal computerized system that registers patients automatically alerts the rest of the hospital staff if a particular patient needs to be given first preference.
5. Accredited by NABH
NIO is Pune’s first NABH accredited super speciality eye hospital.
NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers) is a constituent board of Quality Council of India, set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations. There are many benefits of accreditation such as better quality care, patient safety, regular evaluation of quality standards etc.
6. Joint Commission International (JCI)
NIO underwent a rigorous on-site survey on 24TH TO 26TH OF June 2015. During the survey, a team of Joint Commission International expert surveyors evaluated compliance with hospital standards related to a variety of areas, including the International Patient Safety Goals, patient assessment and care, anesthesia and surgical care, medication management, patient and family education,quality improvement, infection prevention and control, governance and leadership, facility management, staff qualifications and education, and information management.